Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.40
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive review of what is kwn about the role of cytokines and chemokines in a variety of human infectious diseases, including gram-negative and -positive infections, listeriosis, mycobacterial infections, lyme arthritis, pneumonia, fungal infections, HIV, leishmaniasis, and sepsis. The authors demonstrate the different cytokine and chemokine production profiles in response to a wide variety of pathogens and the importance of host genetic factors in determining the type and magnitude of responses to a given microorganism. They also critically evaluate the use of cytokines and anticytokines in the treatment of infectious diseases and show how kwledge of cytokine pleiotropic effects, redundancy, and the complexity of the cytokine network has led to better design and better outcomes in cytokine-based therapies for specific infections.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleInfectious Disease
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMalak Kotb,Thierry Calandra
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.