All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book includes phrases for every situation, including expressions for describing art that make one sound smart and cool. Use sweet words to entice a local beauty into a walk along the Seine, and less-then-philosophical rebuffs for those overly zealous, espresso-fuelled cafe 'poets'. There are eugh insults and swear words to offend every person in France without even speaking to them in English, which they really dislike.Nobody speaks in strictly formal address anymore. Not even in France, where the common expressions tossed around in cafes are far from text book French. This all-new, totally-up-to-date book fills in the gap between how people really talk in France and what French language students are taught.
- Author BiographyAdrien Clautrier is a self-employed mechanic born and raised in Marseille, France. Henry Rowe left Berkeley to play soccer in France. He never made it out of the amateur ranks, but stayed for the used bookstores and St-Emilion wine cellars.
- Author(s)Adrien Clautrier,H. Rowe Schoolcraft
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Noteincluding 20 b&w illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width108 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.