All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch more than a simple certification study aid, this comprehensive 1,248 page book is designed to help you master all aspects of IBM DB2 database administration and prepare you to take and pass IBM's Certification Exams 611 and 311: Certified Database Administrator. Building on years of extensive hands-on experience, the authors step you through all the areas covered on the test. The book dives deep inside each certification topic: DB2 server management, physical design, business rules implementation, activity monitoring, utilities, high availability, security, and connectivity and networking. There is even a crash course chapter on DB2 10.5 features. Each chapter includes an extensive set of practice questions along with carefully explained answers. This book provides more than 400 practice questions and answers, more than 120 flash cards to help you study for the exam, and 50 step-by-step DB2 feature implementation procedures.
- Author BiographyMohankumar (Mohan) Saraswatipura works as a Database Solutions Architect at Kronsys, Inc., focusing on IBM DB2, Linux, UNIX, and Windows solutions. Prior to his current position, he worked as a Database Solutions Architect at Reckitt Benckiser Group, plc (UK) focusing on IBM Smart Analytics System 5600, Siebel, SQL Server, and SAP HANA solutions. He is an IBM Champion (2010 2015) and a DB2's Got Talent 2013 winner. Mohan has written dozens of technical papers for IBM developerWorks and IBM Data Magazine. He is an IBM Certified DB2 Advanced Database Administrator, DB2 Application Developer, and DB2 Problem Determination Master. Mohan holds a Master's of Technology (M Tech) degree in computer science and an Executive MBA (IT).Robert (Kent) Collins, founder of Shiloh Consulting, Inc., is currently a Data Solutions Architect with BNSF Railway. He is an IBM Champion (2010 2015) and a frequent speaker at the DB2Night Show and IDUG and IOD (IBM Insight) conferences. Kent has worked continually with DB2 from its introduction to the market in 1984, amassing a wealth of knowledge and experience. He graduated from the University of Texas at Dallas with majors in mathematics and computer science. He is an IBM Certified Solutions Expert and also holds certifications in DB2, AIX, Linux, .NET, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, and z/OS. Kent is proficient in many programming languages and, as a Java Architect, specializes in Enterprise HA/Performance systems. He lives in Dallas with his wife, Vicki; together, they have three children and one grandchild.
- Author(s)Mohankumar Saraswatipura,Robert Collins
- PublisherMC Press, LLC
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDouble Oak
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMC Press, LLC
- Weight1608 g
- Width177 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine61 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.