Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionDocumenting the legacy of this beloved aircraft, this comprehensive photographic history celebrates the 75th anniversary of the DC-3. First appearing during the golden age of aviation in the 1930s, the versatile Douglas DC-3 has been used in numerous situations from the Berlin Airlift to Vietnam and has outlasted every other commercial aircraft in the world. Offering insight into why the DC-3 has outlived its contemporaries, this homage also discusses what role this aircraft plays today, such as how updated turboprop versions are used in polar research missions, firefighting, and military operations.
- Author BiographyBruce McAllister is a writer, photographer, publisher, and pilot withmore than5,100 hours of flight time. His previous works include Vagabonds of the Sky, W ings Above the Arctic, Wings Across America, Wings Over Denali, Wings Over The Alaska Highway, and Wings Over The Yukon. He lives in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Bruce McAllister
- PublisherRoundup Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoundup Press
- Content Note250 colour & b/w photos
- Weight1342 g
- Width292 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.