All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from D'horsay, Vol. 1: Or the Follies of the Day When the task of jotting down these cursory glances of life, and the essence of the age in which we live, was commenced by the delineator of them, he believed that he should incur the displeasure and hostility of many. At the same time he felt the assurance that one could entertain these affections towards the teller of truth, save those who had great cause to dread the disclosure of it. Fearlessly and carelessly, therefore, he has continued his labours; and should the result of them prove to a single sceptic how fruitless it is to join the gaudy train of Folly, how painful to make pleasure the business of existence, then will they meet with a reward more than. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)John Mills
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication22/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.