All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIf every HR professional were to read this book and apply what they learn then I'd be out of a job - and I'd be happy. Why? Because workplace conflict would longer be damaging businesses or harming people. As a mediator I help people who, for whatever reason, are struggling to work together. They are in pain and the business is suffering. Both could be avoided if HR have the skills and kwledge to intervene at an early stage. That is why I have written this book - to give HR a simple toolkit to enable them to nip conflict in the bud. To me it is like wiring a plug. You can't justify the effort and expense of calling in a professional, but trying it yourself and getting it wrong could be disastrous. To wire the plug you need basic kwledge about the task, critical skills and a practical process to follow. That is what DIY Mediation offers the HR Manager. The key sections of the book cover are the Issue which explores the critical kwledge needed to understand conflict, spot potential issues early on and appreciate the different ways people respond in conflict situations. Followed by the skills which uncovers the four key skills needed when using DIY Mediation, namely Questioning, Active Listening, Assertive Communication and Impartiality. It is t sufficient to kw what the skills are, you also need to apply them. The book supports this by providing helpful tools to make application simple and straightforward. Finally, the process which shows how having the skills is vital but without a process they will be ineffective. This section introduces the reader to the AGREE framework, a model I developed specifically to be a pragmatic process the HR professional can follow to intervene quickly and effectively.
- Author BiographyMarc is an experienced accredited mediator and trainer. Marc combines workplace mediation expertise and knowledge with 25 years experience in senior corporate commercial, HR and general management roles. He has successfully trained hundreds of people to use the DIY Mediation approach.
- Author(s)Marc Reid
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTroubador Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.