DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living by Gaia Rodale (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is something really special about filling the plates on your dinner table with food you grew and raised yourself, or that you bought from the farmer down the road and really kw where it came from. Learning to preserve that food can extend that sense of accomplishment and connection all year round. Food preservation is one of the most basic skills any family looking to live a more sustainable lifestyle can have. It cuts down on food costs, extends the harvest, increases your self-reliance, and reduces waste. It allows you to reap the benefits of all your hard work over a longer time frame. It is more sustainable and makes the best possible use of resources. With so many great reasons to learn basic food preservation, why would anyone would choose t to do it? In DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living best-selling author Gaia Rodale provides the kw-how needed so you can start canning, drying, and freezing your own food. This is t a recipe book but a guide to food preservation techniques with plenty of resources for finding the best, and safest, recipes to preserve whatever your heart desires! After reading this guide you will kw: Why home food preservation is perfect for homesteaders, and anyone else wishing to increase their self-reliance and live a more sustainable lifestyle The basic steps and important safety considerations used in canning for both water-bath and pressure canning methods, as well as which foods should be processed using which methods; this is SUPER important The basics of drying and dehydrating food, what the difference is, and which foods work best with these methods The standard process and tips for successful dehydrating and storage after the fact Tips for freezing all kinds of food for maximum freshness and longevity, as well as what NOT to freeze From understanding the difference between boiling water canning and pressure canning to learning how to tell if something is properly dehydrated, this book provides you with the in-depth information you need to start safely and inexpensively preserving the products of your homestead or your local farmer's market.
- Author(s)Gaia Rodale
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.23
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $17.17Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $46.45Trending at AU $50.70
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.