All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past 15 years, there has been remarkable progress in the analysis and manipulation of DNA and its use in natechlogy. DNA analysis is ubiquitous in molecular biology, medical diagstics, and forensics. Much of the readout techlogy is based on fluorescence detection. This volume contains contributions from many experts in the field who present an overview of many aspects of DNA techlogy. These chapters provide an understanding of the underlying principles and techlogy, rather than an exhaustive review of the literature. Written in a clear straightforward style, this book is an excellent introduction for any scientist to the use of fluorescence in DNA analysis. DNA Techlogy is an essential reading for all academics, bench scientists, and industry professionals wishing to take advantage of the latest and greatest in this continuously emerging field. Key Features: *Comprehensive overview of the complexities of DNA analysis, *Covers topics of universal interest to a broad field of scientists, *Accessible utility in presenting state-of-the-art DNA techlogy, *Chapters authored by key figures in the field.
- Author BiographyDr. J.R. Lakowicz is Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and Director of the Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Dr. Lakowicz has published over 400 scientific articles, has edited numerous books, holds 16 issued patents, and is the sole author of the widely used text, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, also published by Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, now in its Second Edition.
- Author(s)Joseph R. Lakowicz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleTopics in Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight534 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.