All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the wake of highly-publicized scientific breakthroughs in using genetics to establish family connections, genealogists began to see potential for their own research. Now many are finding that organizing tests is a relatively straightforward matter - and that comparing the DNA signatures of individuals can reveal startling information on families, surnames and origins. Here Chris Pomery explains the practicalities of testing and interpreting the results. He also takes an objective look at the issues. Whether you are simply seeking to stay informed, actively interested in exploiting the techlogy, or already part of a DNA project, this is the one guide that fully explores the existing possibilities. Chris Pomery is organizer of the pioneering Pomeroy study, which has been widely cited in coverage including Radio 4's Surnames, Genes and Genealogy and Steve Jones' controversial book Y: The Descent of Men. He lives in Cornwall, England.
- Author BiographyChris Pomery is organizer of the pioneering Pomeroy study, which has been widely cited in coverage including Radio 4's Surnames, Genes and Genealogy and Steve Jones' controversial book Y: The Descent of Men. He lives in Cornwall, England.
- Author(s)Chris Pomery,Steve Jones
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.