All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dad's eye view is a little above and behind the kids': above, so you can scan the horizon for danger and excitement; behind, because adventures are best led by the kids. So says writer and amateur photographer Michael Hartford, who has followed his twin boys and their mother up historic water towers, down secret streets, and through Twin Cities landmarks, both lauded and little-kwn, with vintage camera in hand. over the years, the destinations have changed, from zoos to markets to museums, but the point has remained the same: to play and learn and explore together. In this book Hartford describes fifty-two of his family's favourite Twin Cities spots -- one for each week of the year -- and dares other dads (and moms) to explore them with gusto. Shoot sparks at the Bakken Museum, track foxes along the Mississippi River gorge, climb ropes at French Regional Park, and measure your success t by the time it takes you to get in and out but by the number of questions your kids ask: How many books are in this library? Why were mills built here? Seek out adventure and savour it, with Dad's Eye View along for inspiration.
- Author BiographyMichael Hartford is a Java web developer at Lawson Software in St. Paul. He is also a published short story author, blogger, Cub Scout pack leader, and collector of vintage cameras.
- Author(s)Michael Hartford
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Note30 b/w photos
- Weight155 g
- Width190 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.75
- AU $21.83Trending at AU $22.37
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $38.76
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $56.13
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.