All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionCombining an expert's kwledge of information systems with realistic portrayals of military special operations and cyber warfare, author Robert Ratcliffe delivers an engrossing and suspenseful espionage thriller complete with compelling characters and real-world strategic conflict straight from today's headlines. When John Reirdon, a network administrator at Sandia National Laboratory, unexpectedly loses his job, he learns about unusual activity on the Lab's networks. With newfound and unwanted free time on his hands, Reirdon is determined to investigate the amalies, even though it quickly becomes apparent that someone will go to great lengths to stop him. After Reirdon becomes frustrated by FBI interference, NSA security expert Victoria Kowolski arrives in Albuquerque and immediately gets involved-events and personal tensions heat up quickly. Sandia's network security has been seriously compromised, and the news has significant ramifications for national security-and international relations. Reluctantly, Reirdon becomes part of an operational plan that puts boots on the ground. He needs to polish off his former training as an Army Ranger to assist the military operators in their mission. A presidential order takes them to the Pacific-and ultimately into the heart of a cyber and kinetic conflict that will have dire consequences for the world.
- Author BiographyRobert Ratcliffe graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara, with a degree in nuclear engineering before entering the US Navy. Once in the Navy, Ratcliffe served on the nuclear-powered guided missile cruiser, USS Bainbridge. He then attended business school at University of California, Los Angeles, earning a master's degree in finance and accounting. Upon completion of graduate school, Ratcliffe worked in the aerospace industry as an operations research analyst on US Air Force strategic weapons and communications programs before developing advanced information systems concepts for the Department of Defense. Ratcliffe returned to active duty in 1995 and went on to serve for seventeen years at Naval Special Warfare Command as a navy captain, and then later as a civilian. He spent the last two years of his career at the Pentagon. Ratcliffe retired from government service in 2012 and currently lives in Jefferson, North Carolina and Coronado, California.
- Author(s)Robert Ratcliffe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date30/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.