All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapanese photographer Daido Moriyama (b. 1938) is well kw as one today's most invative and arresting image makers. His unique snapshot aesthetic radically changed the world of photography, both in the West and Japan. This accessible mograph reviews the complete spectrum of his work, comprising an introductory essay followed by 55 photographs presented chrologically, each with a commentary, and a biography of the featured photographer.
- Author BiographyDaido Moriyama (b.1938) has made a radical and innovative impact on the photographic world. His snapshot aesthetic and no-viewfinder style have succeeded in challenging the medium's prevailing orthodoxies. As a founder member of PROVOKE magazine, and as a lecturer and theorist, he has been a formative influence on the new generation of Japanese photographers. Kazuo Nishi is a film and photography critic. He was Editor-in-Chief of the Japanese photography magazine Camera Mainichi from 1983 to 1985, and has written several books, including Why Still 'Provoke' Now? (1996).
- Author(s)Kazuo Nishi
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- Series Title55s
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note56 black & white
- Weight249 g
- Width136 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Daido Moriyama
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.