All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCaregivers have one of the hardest jobs in the world. Beyond all their usual personal and family demands, they must take on the special responsibility of caring for family memers or others with long-term health problems. All the stresses that come with the territory can be overwhelming and make a caregiver feel hopeless at times. With 366 days' worth of wisdom and affirmations, Daily Comforts addresses one caregiving issue per day. An index of topics allows caregivers to find the readings most pertinent to their immediate concerns. Written in the first person, each page of Daily Comforts acts as a caregiver's mologue--as if what is on the page is coming directly from his or her mind. Few meditation books offer this approach. The idea is for the reader to transition from venting to thinking about the issue from a different perspective, to finding a solution. Daily Comforts works like a support system in a pocket by helping both family and professional caregivers cope with isolation, guilt, exhaustion, and frustration. Each reading concludes with an inspiring, practical affirmation designed to help caregivers better care for themselves.
- Author(s)Pat Samples
- PublisherFairview Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/10/1999
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairview Press,U.S.
- Weight399 g
- Width128 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.