Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAn eminent classicist uses ancient literature, history and archaeology to show us what it was actually like to live in Athens in the 5th century BC what the Athenians and Spartans ate, how they dressed, their jobs, theatre, laws and warfare.
- Author BiographyRobert Flaceliere was born in Paris in 1904 and educated at the College Sainte-Barbe, the Lycee Henri IV and the Ecole Normale Superieure. From 1925-1930 he was a member of the French School in Athens and from 1932-48 was Professor of the Faculty of Letters at Lyons. Professor Flaceliere was then appointed to the Chair of Greek Language and Literature at the University of Paris., a post he held until 1963 when he was appointed Director of the Ecole Normale Superieure.
- Author(s)Robert Flaceliere
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/02/2002
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson History
- Out-of-print date19/01/2005
- Content Note39, 2 maps
- Weight464 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.