CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the social and material culture of ancient Palestine during the era of the biblical New Testament. Who was the messiah prophesied by the Jews? What were the rites of passage in pre-messianic Judiasm? How did the rituals, parables, holidays, and labor practices mentioned in the New Testament relate to the daily life of the average citizen of the day? This lively volume explores the social history of ancient Palestine at the crossroads of the Eastern Mediterranean world, and the emergence of major motheistic faiths during the time of Christ and the early centuries of the Common era. Narrative chapter topics include pre-Messianic Judaism; political and religious groups; peasant life and agriculture; Roman occupation; work and labor; and Greek, Latin, and Persian influences.
- Author BiographyJAMES W. ERMATINGER is Dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA. He is author of Daily Life of Christians in Ancient Rome (Greenwood 2007), The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (2004) and Economic Reforms of Diocletian (1996), as well as other articles on late Roman history.
- Author(s)James W. Ermatinger
- Date of Publication30/04/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleDaily Life
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note35 illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.