All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on the 'dairy problem', a complex issue that relates directly to the agricultural debate of the past two decades and that concerns the socioecomic well-being and life-chances of many farm families and rural communities in most western societies. Dairy industry restructuring is being affected by formidable forces of change: the withdrawal of government protections and price support mechanisms; the explosion of new techlogies; the globalization of markets; the rising power of food processors; and the associated discontinuities of modern life. From studies in North America, Europe and Australia, the 16 articles included in this volume examine various aspects about the reshaping of this troubled industry.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication20/12/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleResearch in Rural Sociology & Development
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight769 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrew P. Davidson,Harry K. Schwarzweller
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.