Daisy: The Life and Loves of the Countess of Warwick by Sushila Anand (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaisy Warwick was an heiress in her own right and a rewned beauty when she married Lord Brooke, heir to the Earl of Warwick, in 1880 at the age of 18. But she soon embarked on a passionate affair with Lord Charles Beresford who subsequently brought her close to the Prince of Wales, with whom she had a very public liaison for eight years, and remained a lifelong friend.At the height of her wealth and fame, she suddenly converted to socialism and later even stood against Anthony Eden at the General Election of 1924.Sushilla Anand's colourful biography does full justice to the magnetic personality and glamorous life of Daisy Warwick.
- Author BiographySushila Anand was the author of two previous well-reviewed biographies: Queen Victoria's Maharajah (1842122320) and Indian Sahib (071562718X). She also worked making radio features for the BBC.
- Author(s)Sushila Anand
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content NoteSection: 16, b/w pix
- Weight260 g
- Width200 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.