All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElla Deloria (1889-1971), one of the first Native students of linguistics and ethgraphy in the United States, grew up on the Standing Rock Reservation on the rthern Great Plains and was trained by Franz Boas at Columbia University. Dakota Texts presents a rich array of Sioux mythology and folklore in its original language and in translation. Originally published in 1932 by the American Ethlogical Society, this work is a landmark contribution to the study of the Sioux tribes.
- Author BiographyElla Deloria's other writings include a collaboration with Franz Boas, Dakota Grammar, as well as Speaking of Indians and Waterlily (both available in Bison Books editions). Raymond J. DeMallie is a professor of anthropology at Indiana University and the editor of The Sixth Grandfather: Black Elk's Teachings Given to John G. Neihardt (Nebraska 1984).
- Author(s)Ella Cara Deloria
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- LanguageDakota & English
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byRaymond J. DeMallie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.