All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe popular Dales Way long-distance footpath begins in Ilkley, West Yorkshire and runs for 84 miles (135km) to end in the Lake District, in Bowness-on-Windermere. It follows riverside paths along the River Wharf towards Ribblehead and the watershed of rthern England, then meanders along the river valleys of Dentdale, the River Mint and the River Kent dropping down into the Lake District to end beside Lake Windermere. It's a relatively easy walk that takes about a week. Features: 1. Unique mapping features - In many walking guides the reader has to read a route description then try to relate it to the map. Our guides are easier to use because walking directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest and walking times are all writ- ten onto the maps themselves in the places to which they apply. With their uncluttered clarity, these are t general-purpose maps but fully- edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers. Downloadable GPS waypoints also included.2. The largest scale walking maps available - At just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 31/8 inches to 1 mile) our maps are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.3.An all-in-one guide - Trailblazer guides include practical informa- tion t usually found in walking guides to the UK: reviews of places to stay, places to eat, attractions along the way and detailed pub- lic transport information showing all access points on the path, for weekend and day walkers. 4. 40 large-scale maps at just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 31/8 inches to 1 mile). 5. Colour overview and stage maps (one stage per page) with trail profiles.6. Walking with a dog. Henry Stedman, the author, was accompanied along the Dales Way by his dog, Daisy.
- Author BiographyHenry Stedman is a walker of considerable experience, having hiked in many parts of Europe, Asia and Africa, and he has been writing guidebooks for more than 15 years. He's the author and co-author of six other guides from Trailblazer: Kilimanjaro, Dolomites Trekking, Hadrian's Wall Path, Coast to Coast Path, Exmoor & North Devon Coast Path and Dorset & South Devon Coast Path.As for many of his other walking guides he was accompanied along the Dales Way by his dog, Daisy.
- Author(s)Henry Stedman
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleBritish Walking Guides
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Content Note30 colour photos and colour flower section, 40 trail maps and 10 town plans and colour overview maps and profiles
- Weight227 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.