CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA genius with a right to indulge in whatever lunacy popped into his head Picasso called Dali an outboard motor that s always running. Dali thought himself a genius with a right to indulge in whatever lunacy popped into his head. Painter, sculptor, writer and film maker, Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989) was one of the century s greatest exhibitionists and eccentrics - and was rewarded with fierce controversy wherever he went. He was one of the first to apply the insights of Sigmund Freud and psychoanalysis to the art of painting. Dali brought extraordinary sensitivity, imagination and concern for precision to bear upon submerged levels of consciousness. This lively biography presents the infamous Surrealist Dali in full colour and in his own words. His provocative ideas are all here, from the soft watches to the torious burning giraffe. And the fantastic phemen that was Salvador Dali is grasped entire and placed in his various contexts. About the Series: Each book in TASCHEN s Basic Art series features: a detailed chrological summary of the life and oeuvre of the artist, covering his or her cultural and historical importance a concise biography approximately 100 illustrations with explanatory captions
- Author BiographyThe author: Gilles Neret (1933-2005) was an art historian, journalist, writer and museum correspondent. He organized several art retrospectives in Japan and founded the SEIBU museum and the Wildenstein Gallery in Tokyo. He directed art reviews such as L'OEil and Connaissance des Arts and received the Elie Faure Prize in 1981 for his publications. His TASCHEN titles includeSalvador Dali The Paintings, Matisse, and Erotica Universalis.
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication26/05/2000
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleTaschen Basic Art Series
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight358 g
- Width186 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byCatherine Plant
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.