All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last decades, the techlogy of dam protection has undergone major advancements. The increasing demand for safety in modern society has created the need for cost-effective measures to protect critical infrastructure such as dams. This situation has resulted in the drafting of new regulations and technical manuals in countries like Norway, Sweden, and the USA, among others. Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage includes the latest advances in dam protection, and a portfolio of applications in representative case studies. The main topics include: - Failure of embankment and concrete dams due to overtopping or accidental leakage - Hard protections for embankment dams (RCC, wedge-shaped blocks, reinforced concrete slabs) - Soft protections for embankment dams (rockfill toes, articulated concrete blocks, vegetation cover) - Concrete dam protections and additional issues directly related to dam protections The book includes contributions from the 1st International Seminar on Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage (Madrid, Spain, 24-26 November 2014), and also a summary of the technical manual Overtopping Protection for Dams , published by the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in March 2014. Dam Protections against Overtopping and Accidental Leakage provides a comprehensive summary of dam protections, covering case studies and applied research worldwide, and will be invaluable to professionals and academics in Dam Engineering.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Weight740 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEugenio Onate,Miguel Angel Toledo,Rafael Moran
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.