All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents vel methods for the simulation of damage evolution in aerospace composites that will assist in predicting damage onset and growth and thus foster less conservative designs which realize the promised ecomic benefits of composite materials. The presented integrated numerical/experimental methodologies are capable of taking into account the presence of damage and its evolution in composite structures from the early phases of the design (conceptual design) through to the detailed finite element method analysis and verification phase. The book is based on the GARTEUR Research Project AG-32, which ran from 2007 to 2012, and documents the main results of that project. In addition, the state of the art in European projects on damage evolution in composites is reviewed. While the high specific strength and stiffness of composite materials make them suitable for aerospace structures, their sensitivity to damage means that designing with composites is a challenging task. The new approaches described here will prove invaluable in meeting that challenge.
- Author BiographyAniello Riccio is Adjunct Professor of Aerospace Engineering at Second University of Naples, Italy.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleSpringer Aerospace Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note196 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight596 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAniello Riccio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.