All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionDamascus steel: centuries-old, hot-forged steel that is legendary for making sharp, strong blades that struck fear in many a mans heart. Artisans, blacksmiths, and hobbyists the world over have initiated a renaissance of this fascinating, decorative material, which is the focus of this comprehensive book. Unravel the history and mysteries surrounding various types of Damascus steel before delving into the theory and mechanics of forging your own complex Damascus steel creations. Use the detailed, computer-generated illustrations and hundreds of photos to learn how to forge-weld your Damascus steel billets, properly execute torsion technique, and see the endless potential for forging patterns in Damascus steel. Complete with material and equipment requirements, safety precautions, practical tips, temperature charts, and examples of finished works, this book offers inspiration and the fundamentals of working in this ancient medium. Ideal for amateur blacksmiths and experienced metalworkers. Includes a bonus poster, Practical Tips for the Blacksmith.
- Author BiographyGunther Lobach is a freelance knife maker and designer. He was first introduced to the manufacture of Damascus steel while studying metal as a design student.
- Author(s)Gunther Lobach
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note225+ images, diagrams, & poster
- Weight900 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.