About this product
- DescriptionWhile large-scale dam projects can provide many benefits, such as preventing flooding, providing irrigation, and supplying hydropower, they can also cause human and environmental destruction. Millions of people in developing countries have been displaced and have lost their livelihoods as a result of the building of dams and reservoirs. Supported by detailed case studies of real-world dam projects, including the Aswan High Dam in Egypt and the Three Gorges Dam in China, this book examines some of the major issues and impacts associated with dams and hydropower today. Sidebars, fact boxes, and quotes illuminate the problems and benefits of this type of development. A debate activity engages readers in making decisions about a new dam project.
- Author(s)Louise A Spilsbury,Richard Spilsbury
- PublisherRosen Central
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleDevelopment or Destruction?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRosen Central
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.