All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDan Carter's last game as an All Black culminated with him declared Man of the Match following the 2015 Rugby World Cup final at Twickenham - an unforgettable ending to the career of the greatest fly-half of all time. But along with the triumphs of his signature World Cup win, his performance against the Lions in 2005, and an unprecedented run of Bledisloe Cup successes, there was also the pain and doubt he felt during a prolonged period of injury and rehab following the 2011 World Cup. He watched that victory from the sidelines, as he had the All Blacks' defeats in two previous tournaments. Indeed, heading into the 2015 World Cup he had never finished the competition on his own terms. His autobiography tells of that redemption, and gets you up close and personal with one of the most celebrated sportsmen of our time. Threaded throughout the book is an intimate diary of his final year as a Crusader and All Black, during which he worked tirelessly to make one last run at that elusive goal: a World Cup victory achieved on the field. Dan Carter's autobiography is essential reading for all sports fans.
- Author BiographyDaniel Carter, born and raised in Southbridge, New Zealand, is widely touted as the best rugby player in the world. He has been crowned the record points scorer in Test rugby and the most capped All Blacks fly-half of all time. Upon retirement, he had played 112 Tests for his country and scored 1,598 points in their legendary jersey. He has three times been named World Rugby's Player of the Year, most recently the day after his Man of the Match performance in the 2015 Rugby World Cup final. In December 2015 he was awarded the BBC's International Sports Personality of the Year award. He now plays for Racing 92 in France, and has just helped them to victory in the Top 14 final.
- Author(s)Dan Carter
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Content Note30 colour photos
- Weight226 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.