Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York-based Dana Schutz is widely considered one of the most talented painters of her generation. American art critic Jerry Saltz has praised Schutz for her daredevil style and anarchic freedom. Viewed by both critics and her peers as the ultimate painter's painter, her canvases are filled with a lush, boldly painted cast of characters that share the bravado and oddness of Paul Gauguin, Philip Guston, and the German Expressionists. These figures populate the artist's distinctive post-apocalyptic narratives, which are at once playful and comic and dark and foreboding. Respected art writer and critic Barry Schwabsky considers the work of this young but prolific artist's career in its entirety, delving deep into the rich themes that make Dana Schutz one of the most important artists of her generation.
- Author BiographyBarry Schwabsky is an American art critic and poet living in London. Jonathan Safran Foer is the celebrated author of Everything is Illuminated, which was adapted into a major motion picture in 2005.
- Author(s)Barry Schwabsky
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note140 Colour
- Weight1116 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.