All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDance 2wice is a collection of unique photographic essays dedicated to contemporary dance, distilled from the pages of the celebrated interdisciplinary arts journal 2wice. The iconic images explore the dynamic dialogue between performance and photography, bringing together the top talent of some the world's most respected dancers, choreographers, and photographers. In these carefully conceived collaborations, the transitory art of such key contemporary dance figures as Merce Cunningham, Mark Morris, Paul Taylor and Karole Armitage is captured vividly: the pages become the stage for beautifully conceived performances, intriguing ideas, and intimate portraits. Founded in 1997, 2wice magazine is a publication that evolved out of the magazine Dance Ink, w longer published. The publication, edited by New York-based founder and arts patron Patsy Tarr and designed and co-edited by Pentagram designer Abbott Miller, has been houred with numerous awards and was named 'Magazine of the Year' by the Society of Publication Designers. Each issue focuses on a specific theme, but the broad range of material brought together in its pages shares a focus on issues of the body: its movement, its fashions, and the representations we create of ourselves and others. Dance 2wice is the most cutting-edge and invative artistic collaboration of its sort: it escapes all conventions of function and form to create a striking tour de force of intellectual, visual and physical energy.
- Author BiographyAfter founding the multidisciplinary studio Design/Writing/Research in 1989 with Ellen Lupton, Abbott Miller joined Pentagram's New York office as a partner in June 1999. He has pioneered the concept of 'designer as author', undertaking projects in which content and form are developed in a symbiotic relationship. His projects are often concerned with the cultural role of design and the public life of the written word. A member of the Society of Environmental Graphic Designers (SEGD), and a member of the Alliance Graphique Internationale (AGI), Miller has received numerous design honours. Since 1997 he has been Co-Chair, with Ellen Lupton, of the Graphic Design Department of the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore. He is a contributing editor of Eye magazine and the co-author of four books including Design/Writing/Research: Writing on Graphic Design, also published by Phaidon. Patsy Tarr is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of 2wice magazine and President of the '2wice Arts Foundation', a not-for-profit organization based in New York that supports art, film, dance and performance through its publications, as well as making grants and charitable gifts. Nancy Dalva writes regularly about dance for The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly and The New York Times, among other publications. She is a senior writer for 2wice magazine.
- Author(s)2wice Arts Foundation,Nancy Dalva
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note20 b&w, 110 colour illustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width210 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEllen Lupton Miller,J. Abbott Miller,Patsy Tarr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.