All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis package of a book, companion website and CD of music explores the interactive relationship between dance and the other arts: visual, musical and dramatic and literary. Each chapter contains improvisational exercises for gaining perspective and understanding the commonalities across the arts for potential inspiration or motivation for dance making. At the end of each section, there is a culminating dance project designed for independent work that applies experiences into a longer, choreographic work that might include music, costumes and props, artist's statements and reflection on the process used to create the work. The CD of music bound in the book contains original compositions that will enrich selected dance exercises, or may be used to accompany the movement exploration assignments. It is created by percussionist and electro-acoustic composer, Barry Prophet.This book will help composers and choreographers understand how to create visual, musical and dramatic works to engage the viewer's eyes, ears, mind, body and spirit. Dancers may increase their creative performance dynamics and artistic sensibilities by recognising and responding to multidisciplinary sources for dance composition. No other book provides the wealth of international exposure to students across the arts.
- Author BiographyJanice Pomer has been performing and teaching in the fields of dance, music and theatre since 1976. Her performance work has always explored ways modern dance can be integrated with other art forms. In 1983 Janice began collaborating with Barry Prophet and together they created numerous touring productions incorporating modern dance, text, experimental music and Barry's kinetic percussion performance sculptures containing vertically suspended microtonally tuned glass notes. Janice teaches in schools, universities, dance studios, art spaces and community centres offering a wide range of movement based programmes and workshops for young dancers off all ages and abilities and professional dancers and educators throughout Canada.
- Author(s)Janice Pomer
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note59 illustrations, 22 photos
- Weight590 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.