Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- Description- Survive the realities of teaching dance in public schools.- Explore new methods for teaching children the creative process.- Obtain tips on teaching children the art of performance.Prepare to handle the common and uncommon obstacles that every creative dance teacher faces--obstacles that you never learned about in methods courses. Dance Education Tips From the Trenches is a light-hearted collection of 83 essays that present real-life stories, quips, and survival tips for teaching creative dance in public school settings. The book is an excellent source of practical solutions for teaching children the creative process and ensuring successful performances. Whether you're a new teacher or a veteran, this essential survival guide will help you handle class management, class organization, logistics, motivation, gender issues--every challenge you may encounter.Author Cheryl Willis, an experienced dance educator who isn't afraid to admit her mistakes, shares real-life stories she uses in her own classes. Her approach is honest and humorous. And her reality checks will alert you to the everyday minutiae that can bog you down, and help you overcome it. The easy-to-follow, consistent format makes it easy to find what you're looking for. When you're wondering about a situation, simply scan the obstacles and essay titles to find the one most relevant to you.Each essay follows the same template, with an icon highlighting the following elements: - Obstacle - Solutions- Tip- Trench truthAbout 50 cartoons are sprinkled throughout the book, keeping the tone light and humorous. You can easily read Dance Education Tips From the Trenches in one sitting, which makes the book ideal for busy teachers. With Dance Education Tips From the Trenches, you'll feel as though a friend is by your side sharing mistakes and solutions--and reminding you that you can still laugh at your job and enjoy the many wonderful moments of teaching creative dance.
- Author BiographyCheryl M. Willis, EdD, is an award-winning dance specialist. She has worked as a classroom teacher in the United States and in Libya, North Africa, and is currently a creative dance specialist in the public schools in Vancouver, Washington. She has worked as a reading specialist in K-12 schools, successfully owned and directed her own dance studio, and taught in a performing arts center for theater students. She also has taught dance at the college level and choreographed and taught at a performing arts center. Dr. Willis is a member of the American Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and was named national dance educator of the year in 2000. She also belongs to the National Dance Educator's Organization. Dr. Willis earned her doctoral degree in dance at Temple University.
- Author(s)Cheryl Willis
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note56 illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.