All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
About this product
- Description27-year-old Frieda Zweig is at an impasse. Behind her is a string of failed relationships and half-forgotten ambitions of being a painter; in front of her lies the dreary task of finding a real job and figuring out what rmal people do with their lives. Then, a classified ad in the local paper introduces Frieda to Gladys, an elderly woman who long ago gave up on her dreams of being a dancer. The catch? Gladys is a ghost. In this book Cassie Stocks tells the uplifting story of a woman whose uncanny connection with a kindred spirit causes her to see her life in a new way -- as anything but ordinary.
- Author BiographyCassie Stocks was born in Edmonton, Alberta. She has been a biker chick, a university student, an actress, and a rich man's gardener; she's worked as a waitress, an office clerk, an aircraft cleaner, has raised chickens, and has even been the caretaker of a hydroponic pot factory. In 2002, she was accepted to the Writing with Style workshop at the Banff Centre, where she received support and encouragement from Sharon Butala and the late Gloria Sawai. Upon her return to Edmonton, she quit her job at a steel fabrication plant and applied to the Grant MacEwan Bachelor of Applied Communications in Professional Writing. Cassie currently lives in Eston, SK, with her son Julian.
- Author(s)Cassie Stocks
- PublisherNeWest Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNeWest Press
- Weight430 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.