All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionDance Production: Design and Techlogy introduces you to the skills you need to plan, design, and execute the technical aspects of a dance production. While it may t seem that staging a dance production is that different from a play or musical, in reality a dance performance offers up unique intricacies and challenges all its own, from scenery that accommodates choreography, to lighting design that sculpts the body, and costumes that complement movement. This unique book approaches the process of staging a dance production from a balanced perspective, making it an essential resource for dancers and designers alike. Covering a broad range of topics, author Jeromy Hopgood takes the reader through the process of producing dance from start to finish - including pre-production planning (collaboration, production process, personnel, performance spaces), design disciplines (lighting, sound, scenery, costumes, projections), stage management, and more. Bridging the gap between theatrical and dance design, the book includes a quick reference guide for theatrical and dance termilogy, useful in giving dancers and designers a common working vocabulary that will ensure productive communication across the different fields.
- Author BiographyJeromy Hopgood is a tenured Associate Professor at Eastern Michigan University, where he created the Entertainment Design & Technology program - one of the only of its kind in the country. In addition to his teaching, Jeromy has designed more than 100 plays, musicals, dance, and opera productions over the last decade. Jeromy worked at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in its Tony Award-winning season alongside numerous Broadway designers, and he is an Artistic Associate for the Michigan Shakespeare Festival. Jeromy is also the author of QLab 3 Show Control: Projects for Live Performances and Installations by Focal Press.
- Author(s)Jeromy Hopgood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note149 colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.