All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to the study of dance ranging from the practical aspects such as technique and choreography to more theoretical considerations such as aesthetic appreciation and the place of dance in different cultures. This book answers questions such as: * Exactly how do we define dance? * What kinds of people dance and what kind of training is necessary? * How are dances made? * What do we kw about dance history? Featuring a glossary, chrology of dance history and list of useful websites, this book is the ideal starting point for anyone interested in the study of dance.
- Author BiographyDr Jo Butterworth is currently Professor of Dance Studies at the University of Malta where she established a new department in 2010. Formally Senior Lecturer at the University of Leeds, she was also responsible for the MA in Choreography at Fontys Dansacademie, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Jo Butterworth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.