Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionDance and the Christian Faith is an examination of dance and worship in the context of the bible; the book is a critical discussion of religious dance and how it can be used in the church and in education today. Martin Blogg explores, in both theoretical and practical terms, dance as a form of religious kwing and n-verbal communication, opening new avenues for both experiencing and expressing the faith. First published in 1985, Dance and the Christian Faith was written in response to the paradoxical attitude of many Christians who express an interest and enthusiasm for the arts as part of Christian worship, yet retain a suspicion, even a dislike, of dance. Although centred on dance within a religious context, much of the discussion is directly relevant to dance education and the performing arts in general.
- Author BiographyMartin H. Blogg has spent a life-time in Dance. He was founder of the Christian dance Company, SPRINGS and author of Time To Dance and Healing in the Dance; previously a senior lecturer in dance at Middlesex University and Th e Western Academy of Performing Arts, who in 2008 - 2009 was elected a Bye-Fellow at Robinson College, Cambridge. He is presently continuing his research in dance at Griffith University.
- Author(s)Martin H. Blogg
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLutterworth Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.