Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1970s, Canada's cities are rife with political turmoil. Journalist Tony Muldoon capitalizes on the copious scandals and underhanded election games in his column, Dancing around the Hill, featured in the Ottawa Tribune. His career is on the fast track, complete with a promotion and bigger paycheck, but living the high life isn't as great as he hoped. His marriage is a facade of jealousy and anger, and soon, all the scandalous dirt he's been digging up might bury him. It's true: Ottawa is a place of power, but some politicians and senior bureaucrats that walk her fine streets are anything but pure of heart. These men and women are hungry for control, and they will do anything to keep ahead in the polls. Cheating, scandal, and secrets: thing is off the table. The sometimes-tragic impact of these politicians' and senior bureaucrats' desires for recognition and promotion results in the sacrifice of friendships, principles, and even violent death. Loved ones are betrayed with consideration of cost, and sexual liaisons lead to broken homes. Even organized crime has a thumb in the pie, but matter the consequences, Tony and people like him will t stop in their upward climb for greatness, even if the ladder is about to break.
- Author(s)Edward Mastronardi
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.