All listings for this product
About this product
- Description...almost every page offers provocative commentary on the aesthetics and politics of modern dance. -Signs ...[an] important step...in the ineluctable dance by postmodern historians across a bridge that spans the gaps among disciplines, between theory and practice, and betweeen present and past. -Theatre Journal This complex and important book needs to be read by anyone interested in dance history or the cultural politics of dance. -Dance Theatre Journal Mark Franko's Dancing Modernism/Performing Politics is challenging, groundbreaking, insightful, and, I believe, an important contribution to the field of dance scholarship. -Dance Research Journal A revisionary account of the evolution of modern dance in which Mark Franko calls for a historicization of aesthetics that considers the often-igred political dimension of expressive action. Includes an appendix of articles of left-wing dance theory, which flourished during the 1930s.
- Author BiographyMARK FRANKO is Associate Professor on the Theater Arts Board of Studies at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is the author of The Dancing Body in Renaissance Choreography and Dance as Text: Ideologies of the Baroque Body.
- Author(s)Mark Franko
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note33 b&w photos
- Weight369 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.