All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Isobel Morton takes over the cafe in Lichfield's market square, she has big plans. Soon renamed The Victory Cafe, with a menu that delights despite rations, the girls who work at the Vic are swept away by Belle's lust for life. Among the regular customers is a trio of soldiers from the nearby American base and waitress Dorrie Goodman soon befriends them, learning about jazz and romance in the process. But the stifling morality of a Midlands town in the 40s cant accommodate such a friendship; jealously, hatred and the weight of public disapproval combine to precipitate a tragedy. It is t until many years after the war that friendship and reconciliation can begin to heal the wounds of the past ...
- Author BiographyLeah Fleming was born in Lancashire and is married with three sons and a daughter. She writes from an old farmhouse in the Yorkshire Dales and an olive grove in Crete.
- Author(s)Leah Fleming
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.84New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.