All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionBoth Buddhism and dance invite the practitioner into present-moment embodiment. The rise of Western Buddhism, sacred dance and dance/movement therapy, along with the mindfulness meditation boom, has created opportunities for Buddhism to inform dance aesthetics and for Buddhist practice to be shaped by dance. This collection of new essays documents the invative work being done at the intersection of Buddhism and dance. The contributors-scholars, choreographers and Buddhist masters-discuss movement, performance, ritual and theory, among other topics. The final section provides a variety of guided practices.
- Author BiographyHarrison Blum is the Buddhist Spiritual Advisor and Mindfulness Programs Coordinator at Northeastern University, USA. He also works as a Staff Chaplain at Franciscan Hospital for Children, where he teaches mindfulness mediation to adolescent patients on an acute psychiatric unit. He lives in Somerville, Massachusetts.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note24 illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHarrison Blum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.