Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDancing with Dragonflies is a fable written for children and adults of all ages. It may be read out loud in less than 20 minutes, making it a good length for a bedtime story. The tale is about a princess and a knight named Lirona and Zohar. They meet while on separate journeys and continue on different paths in search of treasure. With the help of a little magic supplied by a mysterious old woman called Adamina, they find themselves where they first met, and continue their journey together to discover something more valuable than any precious gem. Among other things, the book encourages the ability to see opportunity, and the courage to act upon it. It also advocates work, balance, cooperation, perseverance and self-determination. The words and whimsical illustrations work together to form a contemporary trip into the past and the future. Visit the author's website at www.dancingwithdragonflies.com This little book shows dance as a common ground where two people from very different worlds can come together. On the dance floor, they're able to take down the defensive walls they've built and t only find each other but also find their inner strength to trust and love again. Some may find this a fairy tale. Others a life lesson. Karen Pfrommer, Co-owner and dance instructor Let's Dance in Rhythm Branford, CT About the author: Jack Francis Gorfien is a writer and licensed acupuncturist practicing in Madison, Connecticut. His inspiration for this story grew in part from having studied the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He found that the concept of balancing the opposing forces kwn as Yin and Yang to relieve pain and create a state of good health, apply to all areas of life. Inspiration for this story also grew out of his experiences with ballroom dancing. He discovered that ballroom dancing is an excellent metaphor for all types of relationships, and the benefits available to partners who are willing to strive for balance and help each other excel. The author's desire is to encourage people to look within themselves and others to focus on their qualities, and choose to cultivate those qualities to their most positive potential. In today's chaotic and sometimes frightening world, we will all be well served by urishing what is best in others and ourselves whenever possible. About the illustrator: Grace Turman has a mother, a father, a brother, two sisters and a handsome prince who keep her life just as exciting as it should be. She needs water (preferably sparkling), shelter, and at least three different colored ink pens to survive. Grace also helped illustrate The Thimble Island Story Book, a collection of salty sea stories by Captain Bob Milne.
- Author(s)Jack Francis Gorfien
- PublisherDog Ear Publishing
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog Ear Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Grace Turman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.