All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionNisa is a spirited girl living in a South African village. Her best friend is the dragleon, a magical creature with strange powers. She doesn't act like a dragon at all and changes colours like a chameleon. She can also grant wishes. Nisa's other best friend is Nathi, who never ceases to amaze her as he gets about in a chair with wheels on it, because his legs don't work. Nathi needs to do things for himself so he learns to fish, and gets very good at it. A scorpion haunts Nisa's room at night; but something much bigger than scorpions and far more dangerous to children is haunting the whole village. Dogs are going missing, driver ants have moved in and the rains seem to be falling elsewhere. The dragleon's got elephants in her acacia woods and the villagers are surrounded by vicious thorns. Nisa's snake escapes and causes chaos. And the school bully goes missing. The big lake up in the hills is about to burst its banks, which doesn't bode well for anyone living downstream. Except for the crocodiles, which look forward to it all with relish. Is the dragleon able to save the day? What has happened to the bully? And what did Nathi wish for, exactly? As one problem after ather pops up, Nisa and the dragleon have their hands full in this enchanting, exciting, funny and at times frightening modern fairytale, of life in all its many forms around an African village.
- Author BiographyGuy Waddilove was born and raised and just about educated in the beautiful town of Ilkley in the Yorkshire Dales. He studied for a BSc Modular degree and later took a post-graduate diploma in Careers Guidance from the University of East London. After several years advising on employment, careers and confidence building, and when several close friends and family died in sadly rapid succession, he found what was really important in his life was to achieve some of his ambitions. His passion in life was wildlife and the natural world, with a side order of ancient history, so he travelled the world extensively to witness many of the world's natural and man-made wonders and what was left of both. He finally decided to make himself useful to the conservation cause and volunteered as a Keeper in a well known zoo where he has now been with them for well over six years.
- Author(s)Guy Waddilove
- PublisherPeach Publishing
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDragleon
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeach Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.