Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDane County Place-Names is an entertaining record of the heritage of Dane County, Wisconsin's capital region, from its earliest days through the 1940s. This classic work by the late lexicographer Frederic G. Cassidy is back in print for new generations to enjoy. Cassidy applied his insightful eye to the origins and evolution of local names that reveal a colorful history: Whiskey Creek, Brag Hollow, Marxville, Pancake Valley, Halunkenburg, Skunk Hollow, and Tipple School. This edition features a new introduction by local historian Tracy Will and a foreword by Isthmus journalist David Medaris.
- Author BiographyFrederic G. Cassidy (1907-2007) was professor of English at the University of Wisconsin - Madison and editor of the Dictionary of American Regional English.
- Author(s)Frederic G. Cassidy
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight127 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byTracy Will
- Foreword byDavid Medaris
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.