All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDane Swan is a Brownlow medallist, three-time Copeland Trophy winner, premiership player and five-time All Australian. The road to success has been an impressive journey for this AFL player. A laid-back kckabout who loves a party. Swan is the son of VFA legend Billy Swan and grew up in Broadmeadows, also where Eddie McGuire famously comes from. Both have gone on to climb to the top of their professions and both are at Collingwood. Swan was number 58 pick in the National draft of 2001 and even after four seasons had made little impression at Collingwood. But with the aid of fellow players and coach Mike Malthouse, his natural ability developed and by 2009 he was an All-Australian and people were starting to pay attention to the mid-fielder. In 2010 he was a surprised third in the Brownlow and Leigh Matthews Trophy winner, Jim Stynes medallist, Lou Richards medallist, All-Australian and AFLCA Champion player of the Year. In 2011 the Brownlow went to Dane Swan. An old-style footballer, Swan works hard and plays hard. He is one of the AFL's most prolific ball winners and has since become recognised as one of the greatest midfielders of the modern era.In his autobiography, Dane Swan talks about the highs and lows of his AFL career so far. Revealing, fascinating, funny, and brutally honest, this is a must read. He's got an element of danger about him. He's from Broady, he's got tatts, he's got a sense of humour, he's his own man, he makes blues and he's sublime on the field. - Eddie McGuire on Dane Swan There are airs and graces, what you see is what you get. He's t trying to be someone he's t and that's the beauty of Dane Swan. He's only always been Dane Swan and you either like him, like most people do, or you don't. - Liam Pickering Swan is the best mid-fielder in the AFL. - Leigh Matthews
- Author BiographyDane Swan is a Brownlow medallist, three-time Copeland Trophy winner, premiership player and five-time All Australian. Notoriously he was a part of the Rat-pack, a group of players who liked having a laugh and a good time. But Dane Swan is highly respected for his playing ability and genuinely liked across the AFL's teams and fans. His many accolades attest to his brilliance on the field. Dane has been given the well-earned titles untaggable and the greatest modern mid-fielder'.
- Author(s)Dane Swan
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication10/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content Note16pp of colour photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Most relevant reviews
- heathpopey110 Nov, 2016by
Just a good read.....good to hear someone not trying to sit on the fence and tell it like it should be!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.