All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Tibetan Buddhism continues to grow in popularity, the crucial relationship between teacher and student remains largely misunderstood. Dangerous Friend offers an in-depth exploration of this mysterious and complex bond, a relationship of paramount importance in Tibetan Buddhist practice. According to Tibetan Buddhist tradition, the student must have complete trust in the teacher (the dangerous friend ) if he or she is to achieve any understanding. It is the teacher's responsibility to uphold the integrity of the tradition, the basis of which is compassion for all beings, by transmitting it properly to an appropriate student. Likewise, it is the student's responsibility to meet the challenge of carrying on the lineage of teachings. By entering such a relationship, both teacher and student accept the burden of protecting those teachings by understanding them completely and correctly, by practicing them fully and faultlessly, and by transmitting them without omission. Dangerous Friend includes discussions of the following topics: - Meeting and recognizing an appropriate teacher. - Understanding the gravity of entering the teacher-student relationship. - Shifting one's approach from spiritual materialism to genuine Buddhist practice. - Accepting the challenge of being truly kind, honest, and courageous.
- Author BiographyRig'dzin Dorje is a practitioner and teacher in the Nyingma School of Vajrayana Buddhism. He is currently spiritual director, in the lineage of the Aro gTer, of Buddhist centers throughout Europe, and he spends much of his time traveling and teaching. He lives in London with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Nga-la Rig'dzin Dorje
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2001
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date14/12/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.