All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCome take a walk on the dark side in this suspenseful anthology of three stories and two short-shorts about adult toys that were maybe best left in their boxes. In Achiever you'll meet a very rich man who illegally purchases a sophisticated toy to abuse, only to discover that it has a hidden will of its own. Next is the short tale of Evolution's Darling where you'll meet a woman who can become anything you want as a lover, but is definitely t one to be toyed with. After that go spend a day at the Play Park, an amusement venue that definitely isn't your father's Disneyland. In Cupcake, learn why it isn't a good idea to fool around with the family servant, even if she is just a sexy robot maid. Lastly, attend a Meeting of the Board and learn of the perils that ensue from some spurned robot lovers who were cast aside once one tired of them. These are tales for the daring; ones that seek to stick around in your nightmares afterwards.
- Author BiographyD. B. Story is a writer living in the southwestern United States. While that territory can cover anywhere from New Mexico to Hawaii he declines to be more specific at this time. His use of the time-honored artifice of writing under a pseudonym comes from the necessity to still maintain a day job and the habit of employers to Google new applicants to discover what stupid things said applicant is willing to foolishly do, and then doubly foolishly post for the world to see afterwards. Such invasions of one's personal life become an unnecessary distraction. D. B. Story has long had interests in both Science Fiction (since first discovering his mother's secret cache of Ace Doublebooks stashed under her bed) and writing. In fact, anything he has enjoyed participating in he eventually has a desire to create as well. He seriously began writing (although not selling) stories ten years ago due to a dissatisfaction with what he was reading at the time and the belief that he could do it better. He started out with the interaction between humans and the sexy robots they would inevitably create and later branched out to other erotic Fantasy and SF genres. During that time he has written everything from flash fiction to a 402,000 word novel and a screenplay based on his other writings, as yet unsold. Whether his writing is actually better he admits he must leave to his readers to decide, but he likes his stuff a lot. He has often said that, Writing time is always good time. He also says that with the advent of cheap computers, word processors, eBooks, and the Internet that times have never been better for a diversity of writers to be heard.
- Author(s)Brinke Stevens,D B Story
- Date of Publication26/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.