All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1997, Daniel Trush, a bright, active, outgoing twelve-year-old, collapsed on the basketball court and fell into a deep coma. Rushed to the hospital, he was found to have five previously undetected aneurysms in his brain. One had burst, causing a massive cerebral hemorrhage. While Daniel remained comatose, the uncontrolled pressure inside his skull caused him to suffer multiple strokes. Tests showed that his brain functions had flat-lined, and doctors would soon tell his parents his chances of survival were slim to ne-or that he'd likely remain in a vegetative state. But the doctors were wrong. Daniel's traumatic injury did t bring his life to a premature end. Thirty days after lapsing into a coma, he would return to consciousness, barely able to blink or smile. Two years later, he took his first extraordinary steps out of a wheelchair. A decade after being sped to the emergency room, Daniel Trush completed the New York Marathon. But his incredible journey into the future had just begun. With music having played a crucial role in his recovery, Danny and his family launched Daniel's Music Foundation, a groundbreaking nprofit organization for people with disabilities. In time DMF would be hored on a Broadway stage by the New York Yankees, gaining toriety and admiration across America. Daniel's Music is the gripping story of Daniel's recovery against odds experts said were insurmountable; of medical science, faith, and perseverance combining for a miracle; and of an average family turning their personal trials into a force that brings joy, inspiration, and a powerful sense of belonging to all those whose lives they touch.
- Author BiographyJerome Preisler is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty novels and nonfiction titles, including Code Name Caesar: The Secret Hunt for U-Boat 864 During World War II and All Hands Down: The True Story of the Soviet Attack on the USS Scorpion. His most recent book is NET FORCE: CODE WAR, a relaunch of the bestselling series created by Tom Clancy. A regular contributor to the New York Yankees' YESNetwork.com since 2004, Preisler has spearheaded the website's acclaimed coverage of the Yankees' annual HOPE Week community outreach effort. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jerome Preisler
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.