All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to his skills as a composer and performer, Liszt is famed for his genius in transcribing orchestral works for pia. Thanks to his efforts, pianists in the era before sound recordings could learn from the vast repertoire of orchestral, operatic, and vocal literature. This original collection offers modern-day pianists insights into Liszt's peerless gift for transferring sorities from one medium to ather as well as the opportunity to develop a deeper familiarity with several orchestral masterpieces.Suitable for intermediate-level and advanced pianists, these selections include Berlioz's Dance of the Sylphes from The Damnation of Faust, March of the Pilgrims from Harold in Italy, March to the Scaffold from Symphonie Fantastique, and L'Idee fixe, Andante amoroso, also based on a theme from Symphonie Fantastique. Other composers' works include Mendelssohn's Wedding March and Dance of the Elves from A Midsummer Night's Dream, Saint-Saens' Danse Macabre, and Liszt's solo pia rendition of his own Totentanz (Dance of Death).
- Author(s)Franz Lizst
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight558 g
- Width226 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.