All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rossettis were one of the most remarkable and talented families in Victorian Britain. Of the two parents and three siblings, Dante Gabriel (1828-82) and Christina (1830-94) stood out, but throughout their lives they remained a tightly-knit unit. William Michael (1829-1919), who published this two-volume work in 1895, was the family record keeper and in the memoir of his brother we have an unmatched account of the family dynamic. He was t always candid about his brother's affairs but his biography is unparalleled for its fresh directness. Unlike all subsequent biographers, William wrote from the inside, and even if he was unable to tell the whole story, the intimate details of the day-to-day life of the great painter and poet have about them the ring of truth and authenticity. Volume 1 contains William's sympathetic memoir, while Volume 2 contains hundreds of Dante's letters to his family.
- Author(s)Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Art and Architecture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 b/w illus.
- Weight1280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byWilliam Michael Rossetti
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.