All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rossettis were one of the most remarkable and talented families in Victorian Britain. Of the two parents and three siblings, Dante Gabriel (1828-82) and Christina (1830-94) stood out, but throughout their lives they remained a tightly-knit unit. William Michael (1829-1919), who published this two-volume work in 1895, was the family record keeper and in the memoir of his brother we have an unmatched account of the family dynamic. He was t always candid about his brother's affairs but his biography is unparalleled for its fresh directness. Unlike all subsequent biographers, William wrote from the inside, and even if he was unable to tell the whole story, the intimate details of the day-to-day life of the great painter and poet have about them the ring of truth and authenticity. Volume 2 contains hundreds of Dante's letters to his family, with helpful explanatory tes by William.
- Author(s)Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Art and Architecture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus.
- Weight590 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byWilliam Michael Rossetti
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.