Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDante and the Empire focuses on Dante's concept of a world-state and explores the sources for his vel interpretation of human civilization and destiny. It offers a new look at controversial passages in the Monarchia and a fresh comparison of these with important verses in the Divine Comedy which reflect Dante's political experience. Consistency between the poem and the treatise on monarchy is emphasized while traditional readings of the influences of Aristotle, Augustan Rome, Averroes, and Aquinas are reevaluated. Mancusi-Ungaro also addresses philological problems, namely three cases of textual ambiguity in the Monarchia which contribute to Dante's originality and an understanding of his use of philosophical allegory.
- Author(s)Donna M Mancusi-Ungaro
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1990
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.