All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to write 2D and 3D games without any programming experience by harnessing the advanced 2D/3D graphics features of DarkBasic Professional. This easy-to-use language handles the entire game engine for you, so you are free to focus on designing and playing your own games. Written for beginners with programming experience, DarkBASIC Pro Game Programming, Second Edition is a welcome change of pace from traditional game programming books. You won't need to spend time figuring out how the game engine works, but only what the game is supposed to do. You will be able to create self-contained executable games with the graphics and sound files stored inside the exe file. No DarkBasic runtime library is needed: compiled programs are self-contained and require only that DirectX is installed. Finally, a book for complete beginners who want to learn to write games!
- Author BiographyJonathan S. Harbour is an associate professor at the University of Advancing Technology (Tempe, AZ). His web site at www.jharbour.com includes an online forum and blog for book support. His most recent game projects are Starflight - The Lost Colony (www.starflightgame.com) and Aquaphobia: Mutant Brain Sponge Madness (www.aquaphobiagame.com). Joshua R. Smith is a full-time professional game developer at Semi-Logic Entertainments in Palo Cedro, California. He has worked on several commercial games, such as Real War and Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver 2. Joshua is an avid C programmer but finds BASIC intriguing. He is currently living in Redding, California. In his spare time, he enjoys playing video games and spending time with his wife.
- Author(s)Jonathan S. Harbour,Joshua Smith
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCourse Technology Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1240 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.