All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat dark secrets are concealed within the twisted corridors of an ancient labyrinth? Young readers will explore the mysterious tomb of Shi Huang, the first emperor of China. This underground crypt was constructed by over 700,000 workers about 2,400 years ago. An army of 8,000 life-size clay soldiers, each different from the others, was buried near the tomb to guard the emperor after death. To conceal the tombs location, the architects who designed it were killed, and deadly booby traps were set up to catch anyone who disturbed it. The tomb remained hidden for hundreds of years! From secret caves to subterranean cities, the 11 spooky places featured in this book reveal the history of sinister happenings within their winding tunnels. Chilling tales and vivid, full-color photos will keep readers eagerly turning the pages for more.
- Author(s)Michael E Goodman
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleScary Places
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight299 g
- Width210 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.